Friday, June 22, 2012

Utah 2012

We took a fabulous trip to Utah in May.  We were able to stay for 10 days and see and do so much.  Here are the highlights:

Airplane:  Ok, not a highlight.  It was long-- I think this picture says it all (there is a whole story behind flying in a diaper-- its not the norm.)  But the kids were well-behaved and I have to say that it is wonderful not to have any more babies to fly with.


Rasmussen Family: I love the Rasmussens.  We got to play with cousins, go hiking and shooting.  And the food.  Oh my goodness, the food.

 
Slovaceks:  We got to see my parents' new digs in Lehi.  They have a gorgeous house.  I miss my parents.



Grandpa Dickson: I have the best Grandpa.  Because of distance, we don't get to see him very often.  He drove to Utah from Seattle (he's 91!) for the weekend.  My kids were finally able to meet my amazing Grandpa.


Friends: We were able to see many (not all) of our friends in Utah.  I loved having lunch with my old roommates. I still can't believe it has been 14 years since Catie, Brooke and I were wreaking havoc in Raintree #344. 



Family Outings:  We took the rented minivan on many a tour through old Alpine, Alpine Loop, and Heber. We took the kids hiking up to Sliding Rock.  We found some really cool parks in Pleasant Grove and Alpine.  We also went shooting on the far side of Utah Lake.  Just a heads up:  don't give Slappy a gun.













We will be back in Utah in October for the wedding of these crazy kids!  Can't wait!

1 comments:

Ellen said...

It was so fun to have you here! But did you know that shooting on the far side of Utah lake was the culprit of an enormous forest fire last week? You dodged a bullet. (No pun intended.)