Saturday, June 30, 2012

TEXAS!

The night before we left on our Utah vacation, Lance's company offered him a job promotion-- which included relocation to Houston, Texas.  After fasting, prayer, and a trip to the temple-- we accepted.  Lance left for Houston the day we returned from Utah.  The kids and I stayed behind to finish work, school, and pack up the house.

 It was a whirlwind of stress and excitement.  I flew to Houston for 3 days to help Lance find a place to live.  Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States.  We had a LOT of options.  It was overwhelming.  By chance, we ended up working with the GREATEST REALTOR EVER.  We found ourselves in Kingwood-- a master planned community located northeast of Houston.  It is truly gorgeous.  I am in love with Kingwood.

 The drive out here was LOOOOONG.  The moving truck's governor kicked in at 70 mph.  Tobin threw up in the middle of an Olive Garden.  The bank screwed up and cancelled my debit card mid-trip.  We drove through Louisiana.  We found out the power would not be on once we arrived at the new house.  It was a harrowing couple of days.
My view for two days
But we are here.  And we are happy.  We miss Florida.  We miss family, and friends that are as close as family.  We miss the beach.  We will miss hockey games.  I really miss my city on the bay.  Lance really misses hog hunting.  But Houston is working out for us.  Its a fantastic area.  We are very blessed.

Now come visit!

 

2 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

You are missed too! I just wrote a post about missing people and I had you guys in mind. You'll want to read it . . . it includes the Black Eyed Peas . . .

Enjoy Houston! See you for Zoie's baptism.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Oh my goodness, this is a big move for you guys! Congrats! (And now I have to run back and go tell Jonathan!!!)