Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Go "Lining!"

I have been a huge fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning since junior high school. My two best friends and I loved going to the games and following the players (and unfortunately, I mean this literally... don't ask).

I was living in Utah in 2004 when the Lightning won the Stanley Cup for the first, and only, time. Since our return to the area, Lance has started watching the games with me and it didn't take him long to get "hooked on hockey". This past season has been so much fun to watch. With new coaching staff and new management, the "Bolts" are GOOD! We love having date nights at the Forum and rooting for the home team.

And now the Lightning are in the play-offs and they are awesome. On game nights, Lance and I set aside the entire night to don our Lightning shirts and watch the game on tv. Zoie and Tobin have even gotten into the fun. Zoie made signs that said- "GO LINING" with a lightning bolt drawn on them. Although, last week--the morning after a particularly exciting game, she gave me a lecture about not yelling so loud once they are asleep. Oops.



Lance and I definitely get a little carried away during the games. After we won a game with a very tense third period, Lance hefted me over his shoulder and ran around in circles, yelling.

The Tampa Bay Lightning take on the Boston Bruins for the Eastern Conference Finals starting this Saturday. GO BOLTS!

2 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Yay Lining! And if anyone wants to know details from those dubious Jr. High years . . .I've got them. Hit me up and I'll spill.

Dave said...

we've gotten into the fun over here as well. i'm rooting for the lining and elizabeth (being from San Jose) is rooting for the sharks. we hope they'll meet up in the finals so we can really get into it.