Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Zoie

I am just so proud of this little kindergartner.

Zoie is the happiest that I have ever seen her. She loves spending time with friends, likes following directions, and adores praise. Therefore, she flourishes in the classroom environment.

Each day she fills me in on every detail of her day (how Kylie wore her hair, a third grader has the same backpack as her, Richard got in trouble, etc.) I love it. She is excited to work on her homework every night and have our nightly reading sessions.

Lance and I secretly get a kick out of our "teacher's pet". She was chosen as the first "Student of the Week", has replaced the Line Leader (who, according to Zoie, couldn't hold still as well as Zoie), and even though uniforms are voluntary at her school--opts to wear the school uniform 99% of the time.

I wonder how long this enthusiasm for academics will last. Third grade? Fifth? I'd love to see it last through junior high. Here's hoping!

4 comments:

Danielle Harris said...

Count yourself LUCKY! Life is just so much easier for both of you when the kid likes and does well in school. Her picture is so cute!
Now it will be fun to see if your other two follow in her footsteps or if the teachers will say, "You're ZOIE'S brother?!" My poor brother got that.

Heidi Lyn said...

She's so cute! I think Zoie's a natural at school and always will be.

Ellen said...

Adorable. We need to bottle up her enthusiasm and charm. We could make a fortune selling it. Love the picture!

Wendy said...

I wished we still lived by you guys so Lisa and Zoie could go to school together. Cute picture!