Friday, October 15, 2010

Tobin

Tobin has always been a very happy and sweet boy. Yes, I think "sweet" is a great description of the kid.
Classic Tobin story: Last week there was a GIANT wolf spider on our ceiling. The spider was at the very pinnacle of a vaulted ceiling-- over ten feet high. So, I could not get him down myself. I decided to just wait for Lance to get home and take care of it (classic Kira). The kids looked nervous so I explained that wolf spiders are nice and actually eat other kinds of spiders-- so there was nothing to be afraid of.As I was helping Zoie with homework, I heard a steady stream of dialogue from the toy room-- where Tobin was playing alone. After a few minutes, I checked in on him and witnessed him sitting at his little play table and filling the spider in on the details of his day. He figured that if the spider was nice then they should be friends. When Zoie said- "I hate spiders!" Tobin got defensive and said- "Zoie, he can hear you!"

Naturally, I neglected to mention just what became of Tobin's "new friend" once Lance got home.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Such a sweet story! I'm guessing that's the same spider I saw at your house. Terrifying!

Ellen said...

Tobin IS a sweetheart. He will melt many little hearts someday; if not already.

Lori said...

Ahhhh! That's the best! That's my favorite part of being around little kids. You gotta tell us more of their funny stories. What a cute little kid!

johanson family said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BIG HE IS! your kiddos are growing up without us and i hate it! kisses and hugs... xo!

Heidi Lyn said...

I've never met such a charming heart-breaker . . that kid's amazing. Aunt Heidi is certainly wrapped around his finger.