Monday, October 18, 2010

The Elusive Fourth

This is Ryder.Ryder is an honorary Rasmussen. He joins our family three days a week-- while his parents are at work. I figure most of you know this-- but I thought I would clarify my occasional allusions to my "four" kids or the "three" boys. We are proud to claim this kid.

Ryder played a integral role in the "Rasmussen Roller Coaster Ride of 2008-2009". I will spare everyone the long story-- but I know the following is true: Ryder was born on the same day that Lance's former company closed its doors. I know that this was not a coincidence. If it weren't for Ryder, I would not have had the courage to quit my job and have a baby-- two decisions that led us to Lance's current AMAZING job and of course, my son Chase.

Ryder was a blessing then and continues to be a blessing now. He is such a fun and easy kid to be around. He just falls right in place with my 1, 3, and 5 year-old. The kids adore him.

Here is a picture of Ryder when I first started watching him:


Ryder turned 2 this past weekend. He had what is widely recognized as "the best birthday party ever" (that is an actual quote from a discerning 3 year-old). Here are a few pics from the party of the century:


Happy 2nd Birthday to Ryder-- a kid who we not only consider part of the family, but who has also been an answer to our prayers.

4 comments:

Lori said...

That's got to be great for his mom and dad to send him to a family who loves him. What a good deal for all of you. Cute little boy.

Heidi Lyn said...

Yay for Ryder! And that picture of Chase is adorable.

Jen said...

Ditto what Heidi said. That picture of Chase is SO cute!

Ryder is such a lucky kid. He LOVES his Rasmussen siblings. This has been a blessing for us too!

Ellen said...

Ryder fits right in with the rest of the gang. I consider him one of mine, too.