Friday, January 8, 2010

Kiranardo Da Vinci

I can not draw. I can not paint. This is not me being humble or modest or even self-deprecating. It is an actual fact. I do not have an artistic bone in my body. I am okay with it.

As I mentioned previously, I am obsessed with the kids' play room. I wanted to make it look like an intentional play room-- as opposed to an empty room that just happened to get filled up with toys.

I began shopping, both in person and online for the perfect prints for the walls. I wanted something childlike and simple. Since the toy buckets are primary colors, the new prints would have to match (I have noticed that pink/ brown and baby blue/ brown combos are en vogue).

I found these on ebay and fell in love.



What I did not fall in love with was the price. So... I, like a woman on fire, proceeded to (attempt to) recreate the same prints with some blank canvases and acrylic paints that Lance (our true resident artist) had lying around.

They are not fabulous. I did not discover any deep-seeded talent that had been lying dormant. They are a bit more...um... "abstract" than I had intended. But it is only for a kids' play room and so-- they now hang on the wall.

Besides, if people ask-- maybe I can tell them that Zoie painted them.

5 comments:

Marvin said...

I think they look really good!!! You may not be an established artist, but an up and coming talent!

Heidi Lyn said...

ha ha ha ha ha I can't stop laughing! I think your idea is GENIUS! And the rendering? priceless. What did Lance say? ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Jen said...

I really do think they look great (not in a high-pitched voice).

I think you should do one wall or section of a wall in chalkboard paint!

Ellen said...

Awesome, Kiranardo. Did Lance come up with that name for you, or is his word smithery rubbing off on you? Dobre!

THE POPE PARTY said...

Liar! You are an artist. Those are so cute!