Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surrender

Zoie will be five at the end of the month-- meaning, Lance and I have been parents for nearly five years. Somehow it has taken us five years to accept that we have a "kid" house.

Looking around, all of our outlets have plastic stoppers in them. All of our breakables are up high and out of reach. We finally gave up our last rights to this home a few weeks ago when we converted our dining room into a play room.

I really loved having a separate dining room, but it was unreasonable to have two kids and ALL the toys in the house in one room. So we gave up.

Our "office" area (pictured below with Lance and Collin) has been demolished. It is now the site of our new dining area (pictured below).

Here are some pictures of the new play room. I really do love it. I think I might be just a tad bit obsessed with it. I seem to enjoy it more than the kids. I am constantly straightening up, organizing, and rearranging in there. It is perfect for our situation right now. During the week, we have four young kids at home-- and on the weekends, up to eight kids at our home.



Maybe in ten years, I can have it back...

5 comments:

Jen said...

The room looks great! I think it was an awesome idea and those animal paintings are amazing!

Laura & Eliza said...

I LOVE IT! I want a play room! My kids and I share our family room and it drives me crazy sometimes! SO JEALOUS!

Heidi Lyn said...

It looks so cute! And where did you put your computer and all the office stuff?

Ellen said...

Good job! It looks great. It might be fun to throw in a cozy rug for the kids to play on.

Lori said...

That is a great idea. I can just see you keeping it neat and tidy. Now you need to send a picture mid-play. Did Lance do the art? And yea, where did the office go??