Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Scenes from a Rasmussen Christmas

I love everything about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I love traditions and retelling the Nativity story. I love hanging out in jammies all day. I love relaxing and playing with new toys/movies/books. I love the food. This year was the first time we have ever celebrated Christmas by ourselves. While we missed our families-- it was an awesome Christmas.


On Christmas Eve, we upheld our tradition of Busch Gardens.

I forgot my camera so you will have to take my word for it that it was very cool. Perfect weather (not too hot for jeans, not too cold for shorts), Christmas carols being played, and Christmas decorations throughout. Followed by a long nap and Family Home Evening.

Some pictures from Christmas Day:

We didn't have any carrots-- so this year Santa's reindeer had to make do with lettuce.

A Slovacek tradition-- a fire in the fireplace and Andy Williams on the cd player before the kids can come out of their rooms.

Lance vs. Tobin's Optimus Prime
(Optimus Prime won... that thing is impossible to transform!)

Zoie trying out her new digital camera on the cutest subject in the house

One of Tobin's favorite gifts. After years of feeling left out during "dress-up"... NO MORE!

The kids talking to my parents over the webcam. (They will be home by next Christmas!)

Our (apparently cross-eyed) little reindeer.

4 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

We missed you guys, but it looks like your Christmas was amazing. I'm so glad Tobin likes his costume!

Jen said...

Ahhh! Chase looks adorable in the reindeer costume!

Glad you guys had a nice, quiet holiday. Quiet is not a word I would use to describe the Porter Family Christmas this year.

Ellen said...

Such cute pictures. It makes the distance seem shorter. Next year we will all be together! Homemade gifts for EVERYONE!! I hope Lance gets my name.

Wendy said...

It looks like you had a fantastic christmas! On Christmas Eve Lisa decided she wanted one of those digital camera's like Zoie's - too bad Santa was already done shopping - there's always next year!