Thursday, August 27, 2009

Whats in a Name?

As most of you know, we have decided to name our soon-to-be son, LJ.

LJ stands for Lance Joseph. I have always loved the name Lance, but never wanted to deal with two Lances in one house. The whole "Junior/ Senior" thing is a bit confusing for a simpleton such as myself. Therefore, we would only refer to the boy-child as LJ.

It has grown on me and I love it. We have been referring to this obnoxious creature in my stomach as "LJ". I just can't wait to meet him.

New development: After watching Season 3 of "24", Lance and I both agree that we love the name Chase. When I said that I love it, I meant "I love it so much that I will refer the name to other friends who are having boys in the future." Apparently, Lance meant, "I love the name so much that in three weeks time, I want to name our son Chase."

I am not one of those people that can go into labor undecided. I need a decision now! Lance has asked me to survey friends and family and see if the name grows on me. Therefore, please be so kind as to sound off on our name options. Any thoughts and/or opinions are helpful.

To be of some assistance, I have included our only picture of LJ/Chase.

15 comments:

Jen said...

I think Chase is a great name; however, I am throwing a shower for Kira and Baby LJ. Just sayin...

Dave said...

i am coming clean and telling you i've been blog stalking you guys. i've kept quiet since i don't want lance to make fun of me but since you're asking opinions i'll speak up.

this is ridiculous. i've spent more time writing this response than i do most emails! naming people is a serious responsibility and there is a lot to consider. but, my vote is for LJ.

i really hope more people vote.

Danielle Harris said...

I like that LJ stands for his dad's name, but as far as names go, I like Chase better. (no offense :)

Nieldfam said...

We like names that have meaning behind them....LJ. However, Chase is pretty darn cute too, whatever you decide we will love!

Heidi Lyn said...

Having been part of the original LJ selection, it should come as no suprise that I choose LJ. But I love LJ because it's your last baby and this name is more meaningful: Lance Joseph.

I'll love little baby __________ no matter what . . but if you want an opinion: LJ is my vote.

Becky said...

When we had to choose between two names it came down to which sounded best going down the roll call. Weston, David, Bradley, Jeffrey sounded better to me than Weston, David, Bradley, Steven. So, which sounds better to you - Zoie, Tobin, LJ or Zoie, Tobin, Chase? That's just one way to decide. Have fun!

Wendy said...

I like both names, but my vote would be for LJ since I like to have a family tie to at least part of the name.

I completely concur on not having 2 people in the same household with the same name - too confusing.

Ellen said...

I have always loved the name Chase. You should name him Scripture Chase. Or how about just CHASE! That would be cool. I bet no other kid in his class would have a name in all caps with an exclamation point. Think about it. My vote is for Chase Robert Jared Dickson Slovacek Rasmussen. That would just about cover his genealogy.

Lori said...

I'm straddle the fence on this one. I was just getting used to L J when you brought up Chase. Really like that one!! How about Chance..........rhymes with Lance. Just kiddin. Anyway, Kir, about Zoie and her first day at school, I would have given big bucks to see Tobin watching his mom have a meltdown. Funny!!!!!!!!!!

THE POPE PARTY said...

I vote for Chase! It rolls off the tip of my tongue easier. Can't wait to meet him...whatever his name is.

Wrights said...

Ever since Prison Break, I've liked the name L.J. And I love family names, so I think L.J. is perfect.

Laura & Eliza said...

GOSH! Both of them are so cute! Personally...I like Chase, but LJ is so sweet! So I dunno!

brooke said...

I vote LJ!!

Kelly said...

I have always liked the name Chase. I am not gonna lie, I actually hated the "LJ" idea at first...but it has, and will definitely have to continue to grow on me. I will love the child either way because he's your son...but just know that my vote lies with Chase. As far as all the "meaningful"..."family connection" stuff...well, that's what middle names are for!

Kenz said...

Sorry to blog stalk, but I totally vote LJ. Chase is adorable, but a lot of people think that. Chase might win the poll, but that's exactly why you should go with LJ. It's cute AND special to you.