Monday, July 20, 2009

Hilarity

You have to know a bit about my husband to appreciate this story:

Lance is a perfectionist when it comes to ... well, most things. He is the kind of guy who says things like, "If its worth doing, its worth doing right" and "do it right the first time". He is pretty much my polar opposite-- very organized and detail-conscious. It is this character trait that makes him such a successful handyman/decorator/project manager, etc.

He also hates idle time. In an effort to make good use of a lazy Saturday he decided to touch up the paint in our bedroom. He designed the bedroom to be somewhat of a calming sanctuary for us and it is mostly a kid-free zone. He found the leftover paint in the garage and touched up any areas that had any scuffs or dirt on them with the intention of making the room look clean.

Two hours later, he walked into the room and let out a string of expletives (ok... it was actually a pretty PG-rated tirade). When I went to investigate the catalyst for the obscenities, this is what I found:He had used the wrong paint-- thinking it would lighten as it dries. I literally fell on the floor in a fit of laughter when I saw "our sanctuary" covered with haphazard splotches of dark green paint. We will have to repaint the entire room when Lance isn't working. In the meantime, it makes me smile each time I walk into our room.

Its such a "Kira" thing to do. Poor guy. I must be rubbing off on him.

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard! That's hilarious! Especially because it's Lance . . . enjoy your sanctuary!

Brittany said...

Wow that is REALLY bad. I had no idea! I thought it would be pretty settle but NOPE. Nice job Lavar.

Ellen said...

Are you sure that wasn't Zoie and Tobin doing the painting??