Friday, June 19, 2009

Five Years Ago...

In June of 2004-

I looked like this (notice a distinct absence of hair dye and booty) :
With less than three years of marriage under our belts, Lance and I were still newlyweds.
George was a wild little puppy who wore "doggy outfits" and went on trips with us.
I discovered that I was pregnant with Zoie. She was completely unplanned and yet, Lance and I could not have been more ecstatic.I turned 25 and celebrated by attending the Simon and Garfunkel concert in Salt Lake City-- we were the youngest people there.

We were selling our beloved little condo in Orem, Utah and planning our Florida migration.

Fast forward to June 2009. So much has changed since then. We have a house with a mortgage, (soon to be) three kids, and we have to drive an SUV in order to fit the family. But if someone had given my 25 yr. old self a glimpse of my life in 2009-- I wouldn't have changed a thing (except maybe the booty).

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow, a lot sure has happened in 5 years! Matthew graduated and served a mission. Steven graduated and came to Prague--twice. YOU graduated and have 2 1/2 children. Heidi got a dog and moved to Prague. Dad and I are serving a mission. Makes you wonder what will happen in the next 5 years??

Jen said...

I love this post.

And the great news about having a ghetto booty is that it makes it almost impossible to fall into the trap of wearing "mom jeans". You're not opposed to wearing jeans with the word "JUICY" across the butt, are you?