Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Taco King

Lance's mom makes the most fabulous tacos. She fries corn tortillas and uses this amazing pepper sauce-- I have tried (almost weekly) to replicate these tacos, to no avail.

Her kids love the tacos just as much as I do, which explains the origin of the Annual Taco Eating Contest that Lance and his brother Collin compete in.


These boys pile their tacos with all the toppings you can imagine and GO TO TOWN! Poor Lori makes pounds and pounds of taco meat and bags and bags of corn tortillas. Usually halfway through the contest, she is up grating more cheese and frying more tortillas.

The contest really reached its apex in 2004 with the final taco score being LANCE- 21 to Collin's 17. Since that time, "old age" has prevented the guys from topping those numbers. This past month, I think the boys tapped out at 15 each.


My competitive streak always comes out at the taco contest. I am the pushy wife who is cheering my husband on and telling him to ignore his full stomach and pack another one in. What can I say? I am proud to be married to the undisputed TACO KING!

4 comments:

Wrights said...

Who wouldn't want to be married to the Taco King? That is quite a title :)

Natalie said...

That's hilarious! And I'm surprised I haven't heard about this sooner. :)

Ellen said...

Long live the Taco King and Diet Coke Queen.

RAD RASMUSSEN'S said...

Bull crap! I demand a revision! 21 tacos? Please! Lance has never and WILL never eat 21 tacos! I did LOSE, but by 2, not 4.





This was a lot meaner the first few times I typed it out, but I had to retype it so many times, before finally getting the right password to send this.
I demand this be changed.