Friday, April 24, 2009

Joy and Chaos

Today I am watching kids for four different friends-- 10 children altogether, ages 3 months - 5 years.

I am not going to lie-- I really enjoy days like these. Having a gaggle of kids about actually relieves me of being the official entertainment for the day. I actually tend to have more time for myself and get more accomplished around the house.

Still... when I woke up this morning and pondered the day ahead of me, all I could think was, "I need a Diet Coke". And no, the weaker, less delicious, caffeine-free version would not suffice today.

Knowing that even my huge car would never fit all the car seats I would need, I knew that drinking a "real" Diet Coke today was just a pipe dream. Enter Jen. She appeared at my front door like a vision in a brown tank top, bearing the most perfectly delicious drinks in all the land.

Thanks Jen. I am drinking one now and am so happy about it. Regardless of what the doctors say, I think even my unborn child is enjoying this treat. I mean, he/she is my child, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you earned every drop of that diet coke!

Natalie said...

I don't know why it says anonymous, that was me. :)

Ellen said...

Ten kids?? How does that even happen??