Thursday, March 26, 2009

Crazy & Blessed

Here is a little background info on the growing Rasmussen family:

March 2008:After a particularly horrid airplane trip, Lance and I agreed that we were more than happy to stop procreating. We considered ourselves blessed beyond belief with our two awesome kids and did not want to push our luck. We even pinky swore on it. I even went so far as to donate all things "pregnancy and baby" to the Goodwill.

While Lance and I always wanted a family, neither of us ever envisioned being at the head of a large family. A family of four suited us perfectly. We were completely satisfied with our gorgeous girl and our funny little man. End of story.

November 2008:I had gone back to work full-time and planned to quit soon so I could watch my best friend's baby, Ryder during the week. The day Ryder was born, Lance's company shut its doors. I was days away from putting in my 2 weeks notice. Lance and I were both excited for me to once again be home with the kids full-time.

So, at this point is quitting my job while Lance is unemployed considered an act of faith-- or is merely illogical and impractical?

We were fasting and praying over this particular issue when both Lance and I individually felt impressed that we needed to have another baby. I think both of our reactions were something like, "Um... that wasn't the question." No jobs + No insurance + No money= Get Pregnant????

But that was exactly what we did. Within days, I put my notice in at work. Within weeks, Lance had a new job, and within a month, we were expecting a third child.

I am officially in my 2nd trimester and the baby is due on September 20th. The kids are ecstatic and I am busy shopping garage sales and Craigslist-- trying to replace all the gear I so happily got rid of last year.

13 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

YAY! Even though this isn't new news . . I'm so excited to meet my new little niece or nephew. CONGRATULATIONS.

Sarah said...

We can join the, "I am not outnumbered by my kids club" together. I am happy for you guys!

Carie said...

Seriously: how cool is that? Isn't it crazy how the Lord answers our prayers?

And congrats on #3 - that is very exciting!

Laura & Eliza said...

Wow Kira! Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! Talk about doing what the Lord wants! I wish I was that faithful...

Wrights said...

Wow, that is exciting! Can you please talk my husband into wanting a third? Haha. Congrats!

Lori said...

You guys have such a great recipe for kids and you are such good parents........I think you should have a dozen!!

Jen said...

I LOVE this story and I am SO excited! You are one of the coolest, best moms that I know.

Natalie said...

Holy cow! Congratulations! It's hard to argue with inspiration when it's coming at you from two directions. I'm so glad it's all worked for you. Can't wait to see your progress!

Ellen said...

You are pregnant because the Lord is answering OUR prayers. HAHAHAHAHA!

Wendy said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Danielle Harris said...

It was fun to read the story behind everything! I'm excited for you guys and hope all continues to go well.

Unknown said...

congratulations That is very exciting.

brooke sperry said...

Wahoo!! I am so excited for you guys! I haven't checked blogs for a few days so I am a little late on the congrats! Can't wait to see what you are having!