Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mother of the Day Award

I love being a Mom. I think we, as Moms, are a fantastic people.

I would like to spend just a moment and honor Moms for making the tiny, every day sacrifices that are rarely mentioned.

I have two toddlers at home and am declaring myself "Mother of the Day" for the following reasons (most of which actually happened today):

1. I applaud bowel movements and make up happy songs about poop-- which really just goes against human nature.

2. I automatically switch the television from The Today Show to Curious George when I hear the kids get up.

3. I listen to "Barbie Music" in the car. (This is HUGE! Imagine Jessica Simpson and Shania Twain songs performed by little girls... which come to think of it, may actually be an improvement over the original recordings....)

4. Trips to my beloved library are now spent in the enclosed kids room-- debating over Thomas the Train and Dora videos.

5. On the rare occasion that I indulge in a delicious McGriddle from McDonalds (which no longer occurs, thanks to Dave Ramsey), I give my kids the outside buns because they taste like pancakes. This leaves me with a piece of sausage and squishy egg-like entity.

I am by no means complaining. As I said, I love being a Mom. I am sure that with each stage of Motherhood, comes unique experiences and sacrifices. So, what makes you "Mother of the Day"?

4 comments:

Jen said...

It makes me really happy to know that Ryder's poop will be applauded when necessary. You are a great mom!

Ellen said...

What makes me mother of the day--would you believe my 23 year old calls me at 5:30 am, needing help with a religion paper due today? Shades of things to come, Kira. You're a great mom!

Nieldfam said...

How about changing not one but two sets of sheets in the middle of the night because of accidents! wow... look what we got ourselves into!

RAD RASMUSSEN'S said...

Against human nature? I'm in trouble.