Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random Post

My laptop isn't working, so I have no access to my recent pictures right now. I find I have trouble posting without some cute pictures to back it up. I pride myself on keeping this site updated, so I am doing a "Random Post".

I keep coming across the "25 Random Things" list. I vowed not to do one because I am far too boring. But this will be my "8 Random Things About Kira" list: Without further adieu...

1. I do not have one favorite color and I don't like being asked that question. I panic and blurt out a different color each time.

2. British cartoons creep me out.

3. I have a very deep and true love for cheese.

4. I love to sing-- although I haven't been able to carry a tune since high school. I especially love singing Disney Princess songs. Sometimes, I think I'm Belle. Anyway, I sing all the time and am not embarrassed to sing along to songs in the grocery store (although I should be-- I really should be.)

5. I hate talking on the phone-- But love to text people. I am an excellent "texter"-- always try to use proper punctuation and capitalization and will never succumb to using words that make a mockery of the English language like, "LOL".

6. I am a staunch Republican and think that maybe one day I would like to get into local politics.

7. I got a 1420 on my SATs (= 31 on ACTs), and yet I (a history major) once argued that Jefferson was never a U.S. President.

8. I love games and competition in general. Card games, dice games, trivia games, sports, etc...

I promise that my next post will be more interesting and more productive.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I cracked up at # 7. I got a 1460 on my SATS, but I think that was my plateau. I think I am loosing brain cells on an hourly basis. :)

Sarah said...

Case in point, I apparently no longer know how to spell losing. GEESH!

Jen said...

I remember the Jefferson argument like it was yesterday. "Jennifer, I taught high school history! Thomas Jefferson was NEVER president!" By the way, your favorite color is purple and you still have a beautiful voice.

Ellen said...

I also am a stickler for correct punctuation in a text. I just can't bring myself to lower case i's and other shortcut nonsense.

Your blog was very productive. I think I'll go eat some cheese in your honor.

Carie said...

I would use perfect punctuation on my texts, if I had a phone from this century. But I never, ever, say/type LOL. Something about it creeps me out.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

I hear ya about the British cartoons. That one on Disney Channel...Charlie and Lola or something. So weird! Eliza loves it tho.

Natalie said...

I do not think you are boring at all. Your blog is one of my favorites to read because you're so funny! Have you tried the card game BANG! ? I think you would love it!

Anonymous said...

Um yov say yovr great a great texter with always the correct grammer well who am I to argue with yov. Just kidding I know your phone does that on it's own. Or does it?