Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Montage

Last weekend, Lance and I were helping out some friends who own a mail order business by taping keys to mail inserts. We had committed to doing 5,000 of them. What this means is that we spent a good ten hours working on this project.

It is times like this that I begin to appreciate, and long for, a good montage. I love montages. The music begins to play in the background (something upbeat and motivational) and by the end of the song, the person in the film has lost weight, or built a boat, or prepared for a difficult exam. Every good movie has a montage of some sort (particularly 80's movies). It makes a long, arduous task seem so easy and brief.

Please do not confuse the montage with the horrible "music videos" that plague so many 80's movies (see Rocky IV).

I wanted more than anything to work on the mail inserts intently with Lance for the length of a song then end with a high-five and be done.

I was, of course, talking about movie montages with Lance ad nauseum throughout the project. He is so patient. He looks at me and says, "I love hearing you talk about montages... I do. But do you think maybe you could continue working while you do it?"

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

You should pick the song to play in the background of your "key sticking" montage! And then make one of your own. . .

Lori said...

Okay, Kir, I think it's time Lance does a blog entry, and take some pictures of you and da kids. I know he's crazy about you, cause he's told me. I'd love to see how he puts it into words. Sooooooooo, go Lance!

Natalie said...

Wow. You are good friends to help with 5000 key stickers. I'm impressed!