Monday, December 15, 2008

Nativity Experience

Last weekend, we participated in a living nativity activity at our church.

Apparently, there is a shortage of baby boys in our ward, so Tobin was asked to be the Baby Jesus for a living nativity missionary activity. Lance and I were Joseph and Mary, and Zoie was an angel.

Despite being "large in stature", Tobin was a pretty great Baby Jesus. I just had to keep stuffing candy (out of the myrrh box given to us by the wise men) into his mouth when no one was looking.Zoie was the sweetest little angel anyone had ever seen.I was a poor (and chubby) excuse for Mary, but Lance was rocking that beard!Most of these pictures were taken courtesy of our friends who, upon hearing of our roles in the display, drove across town to witness (and laugh). Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Jen said...

This is the most fantastic thing I have seen in a long time!

Ellen said...

Wow. Lance with a beard. You two should move to Israel. You'd fit right in. Zoie is indeed angelic, and Tobin is the biggest "infant" Jesus I have ever seen!

Heidi Lyn said...

This just made my Christmas. Tobin, a giant baby and Lance in a full beard? I think this even tops the giant banana Halloween costume .

Wendy said...

I am still laughing about these pictures! I just can't get over the HUGE baby Jesus! And we all know from the mustache growing experiment this is the closest Lance will ever get to having a beard - so enjoy. Zoie does look truly angelic though. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Filetti Family said...

What great pictures. Who took them? LOL I'm so glad we could make it. I hope we didn't crash the event because it was actually pretty cool. Sorry more people didn't show up. You were the highlight of my week. :)

Nieldfam said...

Sorry to say you look a little too natural!