Saturday, November 22, 2008

Girls' Night

Jen and I went out last night for her birthday. It was her first girls' night out since having her baby. It was for her 29th birthday. So what do two grown women do on such a momentous occasion as this?


This.

We joined hundreds of swooning teenage girls on the opening night of Twilight. This may be appropriate-- seeing as how Jen and I have been best friends since junior high and we have never really learned to act our age since. Aside from all of our "mommy talk" and wedding rings, we fit right in.

The movie was not quite what I expected it to be-- but definitely entertaining. When Edward Cullen made his first appearance, the audience started cheering. I rolled my eyes at their youthful exuberance. I could not be won over so easy-- It took me a full five minutes before turning to Jen and whispering, "I love him." Jen rolled her eyes at me. Five minutes later, she too loved him.

It was an awesome night. Happy Birthday Jenny!

I have included a (slightly obnoxious) picture from when the two of us actually were seventeen... (as opposed to nights like last night when we just acted like we were).

7 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun night! Thanks again!

Natalie said...

Sounds fun! I can't wait to see the movie - Charlie's been sick so we haven't made it yet...

Ellen said...

I'm glad you're both mothers. It would be sad to see you two chasing vampires.

Heidi Lyn said...

I wasn't aware that Jen had jumped on the Twilight bandwagon.

Sarah said...

I saw it at midnight Thursday night with Ana. Then I had to go again this weekend with my friend Amanda. I think I am going to take my Mom next weekend. All this to say you are not the only grown woman obsessed with a fictional vampire. sigh

Filetti Family said...

Nice legs Kir. LOL I can still beat you at leg wrestling. :)

Wendy said...

I should have know you would be one of the first to see the movie. Actually, I want to see it too =)