Thursday, November 27, 2008

Boring Kira

Forgive me for the following post. Nothing brings out the dramatic in me like a lack of Diet Coke:

It has been nearly six weeks since my last Diet Coke.

I have to thank all of you nay-sayers-- at my weakest of moments it is you and your negative comments that enable me to abstain from indulging in the sweetest of nectars.

I have had carbonation on a few occasions-- but without the delicious aspartame-riddled flavor of Diet Coke, it is just not the same.

Am I proud of myself? Yes.
Am I a healthier person because of it? I doubt it. I don't feel any different-- just sadder.

Day by day, I feel myself becoming more and more boring. Before you know it, I will be one of those people who say ridiculously boring things like, "I don't care for television shows" or "I prefer to eat salads when I go to a restaurant".

I am counting on you, dear friends and family, to call me out on it when you hear any such utterings-- or anything like unto them.

5 comments:

Liz's Blog said...

hey girlie! I hope you had a great thanksgiving! It was so much fun to see you. All day yesterday and today, Jacob has been asking for Zoe! Its so cute! It was fun to let the kids play and talk....lets hang out next time i come to town. Your kids are growing up so fast and so cute! Keep in touch. XOXO

Heidi Lyn said...

Gonna be boring??? How about already are boring?

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

*slurp, slurp* That's me drinking my Diet Coke, shaking my head. You're a better person than I am, for sure! But boring? No. Kira is NEVER boring. :)

Jen said...

You are not at all boring, however it is time for a new post!

LAURA and ELIZA said...

You're a good person! I have considered no more Diet Coke but...I continue to fail whenever I try that, so at the risk of feeling like a failure, I'm not gonna be giving up that yummy drink EVER again. HAHA!