Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Buddy

I started running after Zoie was born in 2005. My first running buddy was Zoie. Each morning I would strap her into my jogging stroller and we would explore the neighborhood. Zoie was with me for my first 5k.


I reached new heights when I connected with my next running buddy, Brittany Filetti. Brittany is a fabulous athlete who really pushed me to keep running long after I wanted to stop. In doing this, she was the victim of a few rocks to the back of the head and maybe a few chosen, unpleasant names (Sorry, Brit).


Brittany is currently pregnant with her 3rd child and is taken a brief hiatus with the running. Zoie gets bored in her jogger and will no longer accompany me on my runs. I have been forced to find a new running buddy.

He is young and handsome and in amazing shape. I love him and he would do anything for me. All this, and Lance isn't even jealous!


Bluto is awesome. Having a big dog run with me allows me to run at night-- without being scared. He stays right at my side and doesn't even get distracted with other people or dogs.

I have my first race of the "running season" in just a few weeks. With Bluto's help, I'll be ready!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Running with the big dogs! That's nice.

Natalie said...

What a fun post. I wish I had a dog! Do you still run 5ks? I keep telling myself I'm going to start running but it hasn't happened yet...

Wendy said...

I started to run here - but there's so many blasted hills! Oh, for the level streets of Brandon!

Heidi Lyn said...

Your hair has grown amazingly fast in the last two weeks. What is the magic formula?