Sunday, August 10, 2008

Big Bed for a Big Boy

It seems as though I just barely posted these pictures when Tobin started sleeping in his crib:

This week, Tobin transitioned into a big bed. I know what you are all thinking-- a toddler bed: a very sensible way to transition a 16 month-old into boyhood.

Nope. Not even a twin bed.

Tobin is now sleeping in a very nice, comfortable queen-size bed.

Our good friends were getting rid of their furniture to make way for a nursery in their house. It made sense to use their guest room furniture for Tobin. Other than our bedroom, he has the largest room in the house.

He's doing great. I just threw all of his usual "bedtime pals" in with him and left him.

He and Zoie climb on and off the bed all day long. However, when he wakes from his nap or first thing in the morning, he seems to think he can't get out on his own. He will sit in bed talking, playing and calling for me until I come and get him out of the bed.

I'm so proud of the kid. He's still such a good boy. Like all moms, it amazes me just how quickly he has become a toddler. A BIG toddler.

2 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

It's HUGE people . . . I cannot reiterate enough how gigantic this little boy's bed is.

Natalie said...

I think you made a very practical decision. And I bet it's nice to have him not realize he can get out on his own so he's not getting into stuff...or maybe not since then you have to go get him... Either way it's cute!