Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Little Cheese


This is my favorite picture. (This particular one is a picture of a picture because my scanner isn't working.)

Here is why it is my favorite: Lance and I had just walked out of the temple. The professional photographer had not yet began the photo session. My mom snapped this candid of Lance and I. We had no idea.

I think it captured perfectly the way I felt that day. I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't stop looking at Lance and I felt as though I never wanted to let go of his hand.

See that big goofy smile of mine? Its still here-- seven years later.

Lance and I have fun together every day. Our friends tease us for our lack of PDA. Truth is, if we are holding hands, it will most likely turn into a thumb wrestling contest. If we are hugging, we are only moments away from a wrestling match. And if we are walking together, we will most likely break into a race.

I don't think a day has gone by that Lance has not made me laugh out loud. I know a day has not gone by that I have not thanked my Heavenly Father for letting me marry my best friend.

And I still can't stop smiling.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Someone David went to high school with (Aubrey Cooper) is thinking of moving to the Tampa/Brandon area. I'm sending them your phone number because you have kids the same age and might have a better feel for what they're looking for. (Also, because you have "ward leadership callings"!) I don't know if they'll call, but wanted to give you a heads up. Hope that's okay!

Congratulations on celebrating another anniversary!

Carie said...

Love that picture.

Sarah said...

I loved that! I think you and Lance are a great example of a marriage built on friendship. When I look at you guys it is so evident that you truly are best friends. Congratulations on 7 years!!

Liz's Blog said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Every year that goes by gets better with marriage.
I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful anniversary!
Hope to see you soon!

Nieldfam said...

Congrats! We've both made it 7 years...who would have known?
Wish we were there with you to celebrate your anniversary, just like we were on your 1st!

Miss you tons!!
Thanks for remembering my birthday:)

The Pope Family said...

I love this picture! It is one of my favorites in your house. Happy anniversary.

Kelly said...

Yes, thank you for clarifying that this is "a picture of a picture" because I'm sure no one got that ;) nerd. Oh yeah, and thanks for the cheese, you guys are great. Best couple I've got to look up to, so thank you for that.