Friday, August 15, 2008

Shoe Obsession

Zoie has always had a bit of a shoe obsession. I always figured she inherited it from her Grandma "Papas" Slovacek. My mom loves shoes so much that she once configured an entire women's conference talk (which was sheer brilliance) around the topic of shoes. Zoie and my mom have always been very close. In light of this, Zoie's opinion of shoes makes sense.

However, it makes much less sense to see Tobin with such a shoe fascination that it borders on obsession. It doesn't matter what size or shape of a shoe, Tobin has to wear it. He knows very few words, but the word "shoe" is unmistakable. It's pretty darn cute when he wanders around in nothing but a onsie... and tennis shoes. Like this: (check out those chubby white thighs!)



It is just plain bizarre when he insists on wearing his sister's sparkly high-heeled church shoes. Like this:


5 comments:

Wrights said...

That video is so funny! I especially love the noise the shoes makes when he walks. Although I bet he won't appreciate watching it in a few years:)

Ellen said...

Somewhere in the Dickson-Lewis line there was an ancestor who dearly loved shoes. Perhaps he or she was a cobbler. In any event, I have passed this on to my grandchildren. A fact of which I am proud. "Shoe people" are the kindest, gentlest SOLES on earth. (I'm so clever.)

Nieldfam said...

with those thighs he would fit right in with the Nields!

Luisa said...

he is too cute!

Natalie said...

I love the picture on the right - Tobin totally looks like he's strutting. Too cute!