Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pictures

I have never taken my kids to a studio to have their pictures taken. These sorts of portraits always seem so contrived and insincere. I love professional photographers who take candids and really capture the essence of the subject. However, they are usually out of our price range. Due to this quandary, we do not have many picture of the kids around the house.

I collect coupons weekly from various portrait studios. I have been doing this for years. Again, I never actually use them. Well, last week I broke down, busted out my various coupons and dragged my kids to the mall to have their pictures taken.

It was fun and crazy. Luckily, Heidi came and helped. Zoie and Tobin were happy and willing, but were quite bad at posing. I guess I should kiss their future modeling career good-bye. Despite all this, I am happy with the way the pictures turned out. Here are some of my favorites:







I ordered several pictures in various sizes-- all for under $20. I guess I should quit being a snob and start doing this more often.

8 comments:

The Pope Family said...

You have such adorable kids! You will have to tell me where you went and what you got for under
$20. I always seem to spend more than that. I love the pictures!

Jen said...

So cute! My favorite is the last one. I'll take an 11x14 canvas.

Ellen said...

I love them all! I think they should sell them in a package called "Grandma Special" and sell them by the gross.

Sarah said...

They are such cuties!! I love the last one.

johanson family said...

we love them! cute kiddos... i'm super jealous of that nice sunkissed skin you all have...

Natalie said...

They're so cute! Love them!

Liz's Blog said...

YEAH, your kids are adorable!!!! I can't believe how big they are getting! I love the pics!!! Great Job!

Wilde Lady said...

Don't completely rule out modeling quite yet. The pictures came out perfect! Your kids are adorable!