Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Kira


Last weekend I celebrated my 29th birthday. It was one of those perfect weekends.
  • I dragged Lance to the water park-- where we managed to hit every waterslide in the park in under an hour.
  • We barbecued with friends and had a girls' "Dessert Night Out"
  • Lance and I went to my favorite restaurant, Cheesecake Factory and gorged ourselves on Avocado Eggrolls, Baja Chicken Tacos, and Snicker's Cheesecake
  • We saw The Hulk-- great movie. Edward Norton is always amazing
  • We spent hours playing our friends' Wii-- I set a record for the most home runs
  • Jen, Heidi, and I hit the beach-- my first "kidless" beach outing in a LOOOONG time

Thanks to everyone who remembered my birthday.

I got some fantastic gifts. But I have to give serious props to my friend Catie for getting me the most creative gift-- an ant farm!! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard after opening a package. This is a gift the entire family is excited about!

6 comments:

Liz's Blog said...

Happy Birthday Girl! Sounds like you had a great day! XO

Jen said...

The beach was great. I still can't believe we found that little uncrowded stretch of perfection. Or maybe that was my plan all along. Yes, that's it- it was my well-calculated plan for us to drive from Brandon to St. Petersburg, through Palmetto to get to that perfect spot in Bradenton. I can't wait for next year!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Kira! Glad you had such a great day!!

Carie said...

Happy belated bday!

(don't even get me started on avocado egg rolls! - so yum)

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Kir!! That is a great gift from Catie!!! Wish you were here to celebrate and go to TGI's like the good old days!

The Pope Family said...

what happened to being 28? I thought you were 28!!! :)