Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sparkly Eyes

Lance and I took Zoie to see Disney On Ice: Princess Wishes last night. We kept it a surprise. I told her that she could pick out any outifit in her closet and she chose her Snow White dress. That is when I knew we had made the right decision to take her to the show.



Her only stipulation for dinner was that she eat mac n cheese. We went to Bennigans-- right on Tampa Bay. She loved watching the boats and jetskis. We could tell that everything about going out with us was so "magical" to her-- from the elevators and escalators to walking the streets of downtown with her dad.



Once she realized she was going to see real princesses, she was in a joyous stupor the remainder of the night. She could not have enjoyed the show more than she did. Seeing her sweet little sparkly eyes was so worth it. Both Lance and I are such suckers for that kid.



(As a side note, I have to give Lance some extra credit for last night. He overcame his aversion to many things-- ice skating, musical theater, princesses, etc. He ended up carrying Zoie's pink purse for most of the night. What a man!)

4 comments:

Ellen said...

It takes a real man to carry a daughter's pink purse! I'm so proud of my son in law. I'm sure Zoie was the cutest princess in the whole building!

Jen said...

I want to live in the Rasmussen house! Busch Gardens, beach trips, and princess ice shows all in one week? I'm wildly jealous!

Liz's Blog said...

I bet Zoi will remember this night forever! What a fun night for her.. She looked so cute in her dress and I'm sure she loved the show!

Nieldfam said...

How fun! I am excited for Kenlee to be Zoie's age.