Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Good Old-Fashioned Ghetto Fun

Sure, we have passes to a water park. Yes, many of our friends have swimming pools. Of course we live fairly close to the beach. But there are days when you just have to let appearances go, and have some backyard fun.

The Sprinkler Contraption.


Not "ghetto" enough for you? Let's throw in a Big Wheels.



Maybe add some sidewalk chalk-- just for the heck of it.


This whole scenario looks like something from my childhood (in the 80's)-- worse yet, it is even plausible that is a scene from my parents' childhood (in the 50's and 60's). But the kids had a blast and I got to work on my tan. Isn't that what really matters anyway?


5 comments:

Carie said...

Ghetto in Florida = Trailer-park in Missouri

Personally, I think there is nothing ghetto/trailer-park about sprinklers and big wheels and sidewalk chalk . . . it's just called a good times and childhood.

Nieldfam said...

I am sure your kids loved every minute of it and it was probably even better than all the hoopla of the amusement parks.

Liz's Blog said...

Kira...I am totally laughing as I read your post today! It reminded me of when I used to make all kinds of water contraptions in our yard as kids!!! How fun for your family...Ghetto to some but old fashioned fun for most! Now you just need to break out the old slip and slides and you'll be all set!

Filetti Family said...

That looks like too much fun! I think my husband is wearing off on me.

Filetti Family said...

Ok, so I'm a freakin copy cat! Last night I went to the store and bought $1 side walk chalk and one of the sprinkler hose contraptions like you have. We are going to use them today and I'm SO excited! Man, it really sucks being home and stranded all day long with no car. I can't wait until Jared's car is out of the shop!