Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fateau

I have alluded previously to my low-carb diet. I cut out starchy foods and sugar on December 1st. It was really effective. I dropped 35 lbs. in just a few months. I feel and look better than I have since Tobin was born last April.

What I have tried to do here is show a comparison-- last October (pre-diet) and last month (in the throes of low-carb dieting). I was looking for a body shot-- but let's face it, who takes a picture of themselves while they're fat? I hope you can tell at least a little difference-- I tend to have chubby cheeks regardless of my weight.



Now, if you will please notice that I said it was really effective. The past month, I have been in a stage that every dieter hates-- PLATEAU. It is a vicious cycle:

1. I see no positive changes on the scale
2. I lose motivation
3. I make homemade oreos and butterfinger bars
4. I EAT said delicious treats
5. I lose no more weight. (repeat steps 2-5)

I used to be above cravings. I am no longer above them. Instead of craving something like-- an apple, or a slice of whole wheat bread, my body decides it NEEDS chocolate.

This is kind of embarrassing, but I decided to post about my diet to motivate myself. I am re-committing to losing another 20 lbs. or so. I would like to lose another 10 by my birthday (end of June). I am tracking my progress on a chart at the bottom of the page. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I am here to help. The next time you make said delicious treats call me and I will come over and take them off your hands!

Seriously you look awesome! I can totally see a difference and hope to have your same commitment once I am no longer preggo.

johanson family said...

i am so proud of you! you looked amazing at my wedding... but i was being a bridezilla and was too distracted to tell you. sorry. you inspire me! miss and love ya!

Anonymous said...

By my calculations, you now weigh 100 lbs. and your goal weight is 80. Do you have a death wish or something? You scare me. Loves, Mom

Liz's Blog said...

ok so i am going to have to agree with your mom. i was just in Florida and I saw you and you looked AWESOME!!!! On a side note...your homeade oreos are delicious...i remember crista sharing with me...and i dont' think anyone could resist those!

Jen said...

Please do not lose another 20 pounds. It would be too wierd if Zoie weighed more than you.

Filetti Family said...

Ok, so what is this I am hearing about you making homemade oreos? Do you not know what my favorite food is? How come I have not tried these yet? Can I put in an order for some? My mouth is watering just talking about them. Hey, so I know we are totally lame but do you want to start running again? We can swim afterwards because we will be hot. Just think, we can be tone and tan at the same time. :)

Nieldfam said...

Are you kidding?! 20 more pounds...no more calling you Kira your new name will be skelator!!

You look great, I am finally getting the excerise bug too, I'm with you let's lose 10 by June together!!!!!!

Headless Steve said...

Yeah, You're starting to look like that Olsen twin who doesn't eat anymore

But FYI... Ricotta Cheese, Vanilla Extract and Splenda.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ahckhhh(strangling sound) Don't lose any more weight! You look absolutely amazing!! Maybe there's a reason you hit a plateau--your body is happy where it's at (lucky you!).

And YES, I see a difference between the before and after shots. :D

Carie said...

One should never, ever consider cutting homemade oreos out of their diet.

You look awesome. 35 lbs! That is a whole lot of will power.