Saturday, March 15, 2008

Measley Mustaches

In the grand tradition of "Mustache March", Lance and his friends Jared and Ariel (yes, its not just a mermaid-- its also a boy's name), decided to have a mustache growing competition. The goal was to go the longest without shaving it. Winner (and spouse) get a nice dinner paid by the losers.

I was sure we had this in the bag. Lance is known for his lack of "facial-hair-growing" ability. And also, I love going out to eat (but hate paying for it.) Yes, if there was ever a competition designed for Lance and Kira Rasmussen, this was it!

I was definitely not prepared for the atrocity that was my husband's pubescent facial hair. And yet, I am very competitive and refused to allow him to shave it and lose the contest. Poor Lance. He was such a good sport.

The contest was ongoing throughout our trip to Utah and our friend's wedding. At the reception, my introductions went something like this, "This is my husband Lance...he's not a pervert...he's just in the middle of a mustache contest."

Last night we went to a party and saw Jared and Ariel. I was sure we were going to be witnessing a couple of bushy staches. I was shocked to see that their mustaches were as sparse and pathetic as Lance's! What are the chances of three 30 year-olds not being able to grow facial hair? There were a few guys at the party who had shaved just that morning that were hairier than the three contestants.

Short story long-- Lance and Jared shaved today giving in after just two weeks. Ariel Garcia is Mustache King. Congratulations, Ariel. I am just happy to have my handsome, clean shaven husband back.

Here are some pictures-- Be Warned... these are not for the faint hearted.

3 Measley Mustaches-- the last night of the contest (you may have to squint to pick out the facial hair)

Jared Filetti- Mustache Loser


Lance Rasmussen- Mustache Loser

Ariel Garcia- Mustache King!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lance- I am so disappointed...need I say more?

Nieldfam said...

Lance we thought you had it in you!