Thursday, March 20, 2008

Neutered!

We had Bluto neutered this week. Poor guy. I think this picture says it all.



My sister's dog went through this same procedure last week. He went to local vet and was given ample pain medication both during the surgery and for a week afterwards, a cone to prevent him from licking his wounds, and pampered treatment in the post-op recovery room.

Because Bluto had an unusual condition, the price tag of this surgery was astronomical. I found a place about an hour from home that would do it at very little cost. I am always wanting to save a buck, so we took Bluto to this particular clinic. When we picked him up, they handed his leash to me and said, "see you later!" No pain medication, no cone, no instructions, no post-op recovery time. Poor Bluto.

Is this a foreshadowing? When Tobin breaks his arm playing football, am I going to refuse to take him to the hospital and instead hop a flight to Tijuana for some cheap, creative doctoring? Maybe-- depends on how much there is to save.

Bluto seems to be recovering well--despite my frugality.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.