Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

From Wikipedia: A guilty pleasure is known as a something one considers pleasurable despite it being mainly received negatively or looked down on by a majority of society.

My friend Jen posted a blog about a few of her guilty pleasures and it got me thinking of my own. Now, by its very definition, some of these are uber- embarassing.

  • Trashy Celebrity magazines (particularly US Weekly)
  • Checker's burgers and fries
  • Danielle Steele romance novels
  • Afternoon naps
  • Generic 90's rap (Young MC, Salt n' Peppa, etc..)
  • Monster Ballads
  • Cheerleaders: Making the Team (a reality show where girls try out to be Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders-- so stupid, I know!)
  • Long bubble baths
  • Swiss Cake Rolls
Don't judge me! Everyone has a few, so... what are yours?

5 comments:

Nieldfam said...

90% of those I'm right along with you...No wonder we get along, not just because of our hubbies! I'm not so sure if I have ever tried Swiss Cake Rolls, I'll have to so I can add it to my list. What is so bad with Danielle Steele? ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Swiss Cake Rolls are filled with crack! They are soooo rich and delicious. I must say, I am a bit surprised by the Cheerleaders show. There is so much other really good reality TV out there! (kidding)

Ellen said...

Guilty pleasure: I used to watched 2 Seinfeld reruns in a row, every night. (Sigh) Good times, good times.

By the way, you do realize that Danielle Steele doesn't even write in complete sentences, right?

I wish we had Swiss cake rolls over here!

Carie said...

I had to give up on trashy magazines when my (then) 10 year old wanted to read them . . .

My guilty pleasures? Homemade Oreos. Houston's Ribs. 80's music. AND Swiss Cake Rolls.

Wow, I am really really boring. Give me time, I am sure I can come up with some good stuff.

Carie said...

Okay, I thought of two:

really buttery crossiants.

Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate, gallons and gallons of it.