Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The ULTIMATE Guilty Pleasure

I dedicated my last post to Guilty Pleasures (see below), but I left out the greatest, most delicious pleasure imaginable-- Granny B's Pink Sugar Cookie.
These are manufactured in Utah and sold in gas stations and vending machines all over the west coast, so I haven't come face to face with one in several years. It is for the best. I do not eat sugar or starchy foods, but the very thought of one of these sinful sugar cookies breaks down all willpower and gets me salivating every time.

For those of you unfamiliar with this particular treat, it is a sugar cookie with a layer of pink frosting thicker than the cookie itself. Until you have tried a Granny B's sugar cookie, you have not experienced a true sugar cookie (or true love, for that matter).

I salute you, Granny B.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

I was just thinking today how much I would LOVE a frosted sugar cookie! I miss them sooooo much! Maybe you haven't heard the infamous story of Lauren and I taking food to a sick sister. Lauren made the mistake of making frosted sugar cookies and dropping them off for me to deliver. I ate them. All of them. I figured the sick sister would never know.

Jen said...

Ummm...who is this ghost writer posing as Kira? You don't eat sugar or starchy foods? That's it? No explanation? You're just a really healthy eater now? I'm pretty sure I remember you beating my husband in a burrito eating contest recently! And I loved you for it!

Kira said...

For the record: I have not eaten carbohydrates since December 1st. I beat Ian in a wing-eating contest, as buffalo wings have no carbs. (And I totally won!)

Natalie said...

What I wouldn't give for one of those delicious sugar cookies right now! I agree they are by far the best cookies ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I am pretty sure that I used to know someone whose Grandma was Granny B! (He He)I ate one of those cookies from my student today for Valentines!! Also, I am excited you are coming for Catie's wedding. If you need a place to stay..you are welcome to stay with us!!

Darci said...

Hey Kira, It's Darci, you cousin. It is so fun to see your blog. Your kids are too cute!
That is funny that you love those cookies so much because my bishop when I was a youth sold those treats and would bring extras to most combined activity. They are yummy but they lack chocolate.