Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Diet Coke Update

As a reminder: I have promised Lance that I will drink no more than one 24-pack of Diet Coke a month (and when we go out to eat, I can order a D.C.). This is a drastic reduction in my consumption of what I consider to be the elixir of life. I have done ok. I no longer frequent the drive-through Beverage Barn for my daily fix. I am no longer a regular at the 7-11 on the corner-- they may even forget my name soon.

Yesterday, I bought a table cloth and centerpiece for my dining room table. Late last night, I spilled a can of Diet Coke all over it. I know I haven't been cured of my irrational feelings for this delicious drink because as my brand new table cloth was splashed with BEAUTIFUL carmel brown drops that ran over the top and down the sides, all I could think was "Not my Diet Coke! MUST...SAVE...DIET...COKE!" I triumphantly salvaged half the can. Lance watched the whole ordeal in disgust and walked away shaking his head.

Baby steps.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I love reading your blog - you're hilarious!