Saturday, January 19, 2008

Kira Night

"...Marriage can be more an exultant ecstasy than the human mind can conceive."
Spencer W. Kimball

Going on dates with Lance is just awesome. We always have so much fun together-- like we're 20 years old again. Last night was declared "Kira Night" and was therefore, amazing.

  • Consumed mass quantities of buffalo wings and Diet Coke (2 of my basic food groups since starting a low-carb diet last month)
  • Saw 27 Dresses-- the first "chick flick" we have seen together in theaters since The Wedding Planner (circa 2001)
  • More Diet Coke --I told Lance that I have never seen anything sexier than my handsome husband striding purposefully toward me in a gas station parking lot with an enormous Diet Coke in his hands-- this is the stuff of romance novels
  • Pajamas and Office reruns


I realize it doesn't sound all that out of the ordinary, but isn't that the point? Some of my happiest memories involve pizza joints, nights on the couch in pjs, impromptu drink stops at 7-11... and Lance.

5 comments:

Nieldfam said...

How was 27 Dresses? I want to see that, but I am sure it is going to have to be a girls night out. Good for you Lance!!

Ellen said...

Hazelnut would be a great color for you. STeven said so.

Natalie said...

What a great husband you have! I need to convince Adam to do a "Natalie Night!"

Carie said...

I saw 27 dresses this last weekend. I was laughing so hard I was crying on the trying on the 27dresses scene - "do you have any needs of your own?"

Great post.

wildthayn said...

Sounds like a great night!!! Maybe I need to drag my hubby out for a night like that. I'm not sure he would "stride purposefully toward me" though. Hmmmm.