Monday, January 14, 2008

CHAOS!

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I am not usually one to claim that I'm too busy-- but this past week has gone a little crazy.

Some of our best friends had an emergency and we were able to take their two kids off their hands for a few days. Caleb is nearly 3-- he and Zoie were born just 2 days apart and have always been best friends. They have grown up together these past 3 years and will have a joint birthday party at the end of this month. Here are some classic "K-Bub and Zo Zo" pics:



Brooke is 18 months old and is one tough little lady. She and Tobin play well together. Despite being nine months younger, Tobin is roughly the same size as Brooke.


The kids were so good and kept themselves entertained. It was fun to have a house full of kids for a few days. That is, fun in a novel way-- not in an "I'm going to have more kids soon" way.



We are also puppy-sitting for my sister. Last week she bought a little Zuchon (Shitzu/ Bichon) before she left for Europe. Harry is a funny, well-behaved (for a puppy) dog. He has so much energy and Bluto is only too happy to have a more willing playmate than grumpy old George.

So this week, we have had 3 toddlers (2 with the croup and Zoie has bronchitis), a baby who puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, and 3 crazy dogs. I've been running the show solo since Lance has been working side jobs until the late hours every night.

This would all have been fine (and it was), but my daughter has decided to let her inner 3 year-old out for the rest of us to enjoy. (Temper tantrums, stubborness, whining, picking on the dogs, refusing to eat, etc...).

2008 is going to be a blast! I'm always open to "mom" advice!



Side note: I traded my friend for the occasion-- My SUV for her Minivan (Beige Honda Odyssey-- the ULTIMATE MORMON MOM-MOBILE!) I defiantly listened to rap and hip-hop while driving (though I was fighting the temptation to tune into the Delilah Radio Show or a put in a Janice Kapp Perry cd!)

5 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ooooh, nice mini-van. :D I'm a-green with envy! :)

Oh heck, what was I going to say. Oooooh yeah. There must seriously be something in the air. Scooter ate cheerios, but after that, only a little stolen cake and a piece of toast that his soft Daddy gave to him. *sigh* What do you do when Zoie won't eat?? I told Jonathan that Scooter wouldn't become malnourished in one day... and that when he was hungry enough he would eat. Please tell me this is true. :D

Heidi Lyn said...

Harry looks so cute! I had no idea your world was going to get so busy while I travel Europe.

Good luck with the kids!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a week from our house! It is those times that you just have to hold on for the ride. I am glad you survived even without having your Diet Coke on tap!!

Carie said...

I think you have arrived at Saint status, especially the driving a mini-van part.

Anonymous said...

Some parents! Letting their NOT same sex children skinny dip together! Then publishing the crap on the internet!