Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mad Gab

Zoie is just a few months shy of being a three year old. One of the funniest things about this age is that she seems so grown up at times. She can work the remote control and can help me with Tobin. She already has very definite tastes in music (prefers the theme song to the original Shrek over the theme song to Shrek 2). But every now and then she busts out the weirdest mispronunciations and reminds me that she is, in fact, only a toddler. I have included some of the most commonly used ones here:

Cinderella- "Gorilla"; As in Gorilla's castle or I want to look like Princess Gorilla.

Magazine- "Mazagine"; She gets The Friend and ZooBooks every month and loves her "mazagines".

Movie- "Woovie"; her current faves being Shrek and Shrek 2, Aladdin, and Brother Bear 2.

Spit-up/ Throw-up- "Spill-up"; a common sight in our home-- unfortunately.

Shark- Every shark anywhere is "Kenny the Shark". (Pretty sure the kid watches too much tv!)

Lotion- Pronounced "O-shlin"

Airplane- "Err-plane" (maybe buying her the latest Nelly cd wasn't such a great idea).

Lipstick- "Crips"; Yes, as in the bloods and the crips. Mind you, I do not give my 2 year old free reign with lipstick, but she gets a kick out of playing with my lip gloss on from time to time.

Popcorn- "Cop-urn"; My personal favorite.

I'm not trying to point out little Zoie's flaws to the world, but I had to record these somewhere. I have the world's worst memory and would no doubt forget these funny quirks in just a few months.

1 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Cuuuuute. :D Scooter calls a helicopter an "Octi-doo." That one's all mixed up! And a pumpkin is a "puck-a-min." The rest is pretty good. :)