Monday, November 19, 2007

Me and Matt? We Go WAY Back...


Indulge me, if you will. I saw this week's edition of People Magazine and it got me reminiscing...

It was a cold January night in the year 2000. I was in Park City with my roommate enjoying the Sundance Film Festival. Not able to find any non R-rated films to watch, we began our night at a local nightclub and within a few hours, we had received a personal invitation to a small gathering at a rented cabin with Ben Affleck (Sexiest Man in 2004), Casey Affleck, and of course, People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2007---- Matt Damon.

In all honesty, the story sounds much cooler when I am vague with the details. The truth is Ben Affleck was a disgusting drunk who spent the night propositioning my roommate, and my attempt to "hit on" Matt Damon was quickly and decidedly rebuffed. Feel free to re-tell the story with a more interesting outcome, if you'd like.

I am a little embarrassed to say that I was happy to see that Matt "won" the coveted People Magazine title this year. He is, by far, my favorite actor. I gained a little respect for him that night in Park City. While everyone else was drunkenly trying to "hook up" with Mormon girls (to no avail), he spent the evening talking to his friends and staying away from the spotlight.

Having met and mingled with two of the "Sexiest Men Alive", I can say, with some authority, that Lance beats them all. I am confident that if People had a "Sexiest Mormon Construction Worker" contest, Lance would win hands-down.

P.S. Lance would kill me if he knew what I was writing. Sometimes my cheesiness is too much for the poor guy.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Steve wants you to post a picture with his shirt off. . . for competition purposes!! happy Thanksgiving

Natalie said...

We're dying to know how you got invited to the celeb party in the first place. That story makes me like Matt Damon even more - and I already liked him alot. Too bad Ben Affleck's reputation isn't so good.

Anonymous said...

You are the cheesiest person in the world Kira. We read this and don't know how the hell Lance does it.