Friday, September 28, 2007

Casualties

I have been anxiously awaiting the completion of Lance's half-pipe so I can play on it. To better prepare me, Lance has been giving me "drills" to practice on the skateboard around the house. However, he warned me that I will break my hip and it is entirely too dangerous for me to do. Well, of course in my stubbornness, this only spurred me on.

A few nights ago, I was doing my practice drills (and getting pretty good-- if I might add), when the skateboard flew out from underneath me. I managed to land on my rear, my elbow and knock the wind out of me all at once. All Lance could hear was a crash, a whoosh, and me trying my hardest to sputter out some choice words. He came around the corner and couldn't stop laughing at me on the ground. Because of this, Zoie keeps saying, "Mommy fall, Daddy happy."

I haven't been able to run in a few days, but in the end, I have only a bruised booty, badly bruised elbow, a stiff neck, and of course, a badly bruised ego. No matter. This morning, I am back on the skateboard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you didn't capture this on video?!! Come on, Kira! This could be your ticket to winning thousands on AFV! Loves, Mom

Darci said...

Kira,
I love your blog. It is great to see your family. You have cute kids!
Your Cousin, Darci