Thursday, October 4, 2007

Good-Bye Summer

It is now officially Fall, so I thought I would bid adieu to the Florida summer. Goodbye Summer. You were too hot. Try to be more pleasant next year.

Despite the heat, we had fun. We had trips to the beach, a lot of dips in the pool, and even some playing in the sprinklers. We will remember summer every time we see our tan lines.





















Welcome Fall! This time of year, I always miss Utah. I miss the breeze and the changing leaves. Sometimes I even miss boots and sweaters-- sometimes (I am and always will be a flip-flop and t-shirt girl).

However, there is nothing like winter in Florida. Its awesome!!! I can run every day at any time. I can still lay out and get a tan. I can wear t-shirts and flip-flops. I can take my kids to the park every day. There is neither fainting from heat nor bundling up from the cold. I can go to Busch Gardens. If you haven't experienced Florida between the months of November and March, come visit!! And bring your flip-flops!

3 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Oh, boy, I can't wait for summer to be GONE! The big difference is that once winter gets here, it's not nearly as pleasant as it is in Florida... *sigh* But it's not cold enough to kill off the bugs. What's a girl to do?

Anonymous said...

Flip flops? I'm jealous. I am looking forward to buying boots, though. But then, I don't think anything can beat out wearing flip flops on a winter's day, knowing the rest of the world is knee deep in snow. Loves, Mom

LAURA and ELIZA said...

If I could live in Utah in the summer and then Florida the rest of the time, I would be the happiest girl alive! I miss Florida! I wish we lived there still!!! Miss you guys!