Friday, September 14, 2007

Kira 1, Hair 0

It doesn't take much more than a glance to realize that I absolutely hate my thick, defiant, unruly, and unmanageable hair. Pair this with the Florida humidity and it is an outright civil war raging amongst me and my hair. All summer we have been in a precarious cease-fire, as I have been wearing it in a poorly constructed pony tail- everyday.

Last week I snapped and declared an all-out battle-- the final battle, if you will (Think Battle of Appomattox) . Ok, what I actually did was make an appointment with the salon. I asked my stylist for, short of shaving my head, the absolute easiest hairstyle ever invented. She agreed and chopped, and chopped, and did this "thinning" technique that has always been a favorite of mine. The less hair to fight with, the better!

In the end, I had little hair left. It feels great! And I have at last achieved my dream of waking up in the morning and doing NOTHING with my hair (I'm talking not even combing it!) . Up until now I always thought it was a myth. Just thinking about my easy hair brings tears of gratitude to my eyes.

The look we were going for was Jennifer Aniston circa Season 7 of Friends. I know what you are thinking-- it is downright masochistic to put up a picture of myself side-by-side with the great Rachel Green. Its true.
I am planning to dye my easy hair a myriad of unnatural colors and will certainly keep you posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute hair !!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Your hair is amazing! Where did you get it done? Go for the colors!! I love striped hair!
By the way, I had NO IDEA Lance was building such a HUGE half-pipe in the backyard. There's nothing half about that thing! Can't you control that kid of yours??? Loves, Mom

The Lawrence Family said...

I love your hair! I think you look really cute with short hair. What colors are you putting in your hair? I like your hair dark. Your husband is like logan they get an idea of a project and won't stop until the project is completed.

Nieldfam said...

You and Jennifer Aniston look like twins! I love the hair. I am a big fan of short hair though. If it's easy it's for me!Tell Lance Ry and I laughed when we saw the pics of his new project! Looks like a lot of fun. Let us know when the first hospital visit is!!

Jamber said...

I also live in Florida and happen to be headed to the salon to get this exact haircut on Friday. In fact, I decided to look online tonight to be sure that is what I wanted and lo and behold, your blog came up with the fantastic side-by-side comparison photo. Stranger with great hair, you have inspired me. I am going for it. Wish me luck!!

Unknown said...

hello! my name is kira and i'm going to be donating my hair tomorrow to locks of love and i wanted to get my hair cut like jennifer aniston's too, and when i typed it in on google i got your blog...so i had to say HI and let you know that i'm cutting my hair that way too! :)