Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rasmussen Family Adventures

The first thing we noticed about Kingwood (the city we live in) are all the trails that run through the trees that are EVERYWHERE in the town (recall: Kingwood is called the "livable forest").  Lance and I said, "Wouldn't it be fun to go on family bike rides through the forest?"  We agreed that it would.

And so we do.  We quickly taught Tobin to ride without training wheels.  We bought cheap bikes from Wal-mart and a trailer for Slappy.  And now we engage in "Rasmussen Family Adventures" several times a week. (That is literally what we call it.  I don't even think we've referred to it as a "bike ride" yet).

Since we ride through the forest, its not too hot (relatively speaking--  It IS August in Texas, after all).  There are 75 miles of trails through Kingwood, so come across parks and playgrounds fairly regularly. We always stop and play and bring snacks and drinks.  We even found a large turtle population that we like to throw crackers at from the bridge.  Its our favorite thing.


I love my old lady beach cruiser.  Lance looks hot toting the baby trailer behind his mountain bike.  We've become "that" dorky family.  Still... its so much fun.  It'll be even better in the winter. 

 The only pictures I captured were of Zoie on the move, so here they are (above).  I may include a few stock photos (below).

4 comments:

JennyLeighP said...

I miss the greenbelts! I'm sure we'll run into each other a lot on them...we're a dorky bike-riding/walking family too...

Jen said...

How fun! You all are my favorite dorks. :)

I'm so jealous that you have an old lady beach cruiser. I've been telling Ian all summer that I want him to sell my mountain bike (that I never use) and get me a white beach cruiser with a big basket on the front.

Ellen said...

LOVE the beach cruiser! I want that!!

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.