Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Happy Husband

I officially have the happiest husband in the world.

Around Christmas, we decided to sell our huge Tahoe and get a smaller SUV. Somehow, Lance finagled a deal with a guy and we ended up not only selling our Tahoe for full price- but also acquiring a motorcycle.

Lance drove a motorcycle when I first met him, but hasn't had one since. I am not a paranoid, bossy wife who is opposed to motorcycles. We just don't believe in financing stuff if we don't absolutely HAVE to (like a house). So the bike never seemed practical... until now.The guy is in heaven. When he's not riding it, he's working on it. When he's not working on it, he's online tracking down motorcycle parts. He's already done quite a bit to it.Its been almost 2 months and he's still like a giddy little boy with a new toy. Last week, I looked out the window and saw him on his motorcycle (on the street) racing Tobin who was on his little bike with training wheels (on the sidewalk).As a side note: I miss the Tahoe-- it was such a great ride. However, I do not miss the 12-14 mpg I was getting with it around town.
Our new ride we have affectionately dubbed "Liz" after Tina Fey's character in 30 Rock. That's right-- Liz LEMON. Truth be told, my new car is not a lemon. We bought it knowing it had a sensor problem-- it just took us longer to solve the problem than we thought (in the meantime, the name Liz stuck). She's been awesome ever since. I LOVED the price, and I am LOVING the 23 mpg that Liz provides!While I'm on the subject of Rasmussen vehicles-- I have neglected to introduce "Clive"-- whom we purchased last year: Clive is Lance's work truck. Yep, luckiest husband ever.

0 comments: