Thursday, January 12, 2012

Me and Kate

Over the past year, I have heard great things about Kate Middleton. I agree that she is beautiful-- in an approachable, girl-next-door kind of way (which is the best kind of beautiful!). I agree that she has great poise and style. It seems like she handles her new position as the Duchess of Cambridge with ease, and is great with all the media attention.
But more so than any of the aforementioned reasons, I like Kate because she is one of "us". And by "us", I mean women with no upper lip.

I never noticed this trait (and I have spent a LOT of time in front of the mirror over the past 30 years) until last year. I uploaded a photo to do one of those online makeovers. When I went to (virtually) apply the lip liner, I thought, "That's odd. In this picture, I have no upper lip." I started searching for another picture to use and began to realize that I, in all actuality, had no upper lip. It was a life-altering epiphany. Allow me to demonstrate:

Normal looking picture:
Now focus on this area. Notice anything missing? (Mind you, this is with lip liner and lipstick)
No. I am never going to inject my lips with any kind of substance. Those women all look as though they were in a bar fight. I have made peace with my lack of lip. I mean, if Kate Middleton can pull it off, then I'm in good company.

1 comments:

johanson family said...

you are hilarious. i always thought you had beautiful lips because you knew how to use liner and lipstick!