Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Farewell Jack

Lance and I finally finished the last season of 24.

It was a good time for the show to end. There can only be so many nuclear threats, corrupt presidents, moles within CTU, evil Russians, weaponized viruses, and ugly women for Jack to fall in love with. Even now, the seasons are all blended together in my head.

But we will miss Jack. We miss Tony and President Palmer. We miss the anticipation. Even though the events of various seasons became redundant, Jack was never predictable. Who would have guessed that Kiefer Sutherland could be such a bad-a#*???

Although various networks have tried, there just hasn't been another show like 24. There were some episodes that were so intense they literally had me on the edge of my chair, breaking a sweat.

If you haven't seen the show (and you have a tolerance for violence), rent it! You will not be sorry. This is one show that totally lived up to the hype.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I only watched the first few seasons of 24 but I LOVED it. The intensity made watching it more like a playoff sporting event than a TV show.

Now it is time for you to begin the LOST extravaganza!

Danielle Harris said...

Chris and I watched every season and loved it but had the same feeling toward the end. I can't wait for them to make the 24 movie. Apparently they were supposed to have started by now but Kiefer didn't like the script so they are redoing it. I hope it's good!

AMSJ Warwood said...

One of my all time favorite shows. Jack never ceased to put me on edge. It was a bitter sweet moment watching the last episode, but I'm so excited for the movie!