Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friends and Manicorns

"Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

This past week we said goodbye to some friends who have become like family to us. The Filettis are part of our perfect group of six (three couples). They don't read my blog so I won't go into too many details here-- but suffice it to say, they are already sorely missed.
And I would like to just take a second to ask: Now that my friend Brittany has gone to Houston-- who is going to: force me to run farther and faster than I want to, yell at a stranger in order to get a parking spot at the beach, attempt to break dance in the Busch Gardens parking lot, imitate the sea lions at Sea World, make dinner and watch my kids when I'm sick, make me go outside my comfort zone and meet new people, scare the big guy sitting in front of us at the XFC fight by yelling in his ear, harass me into attending volleyball and book club and game day, teach me the ways of garage sale-ing and couponing, play Rockband with me-- or any game, for that matter, and dress up in jogging suits and have a photo shoot?

(Heavy Sigh). We miss Jared and Brittany. Houston is lucky to get them.

On a more positive note, we had a costume party to see them off. Lance, in honor of Jared, dressed as a Manicorn (standing next to "Jacob Black", if you were wondering).I love my Manicorn.

2 comments:

johanson family said...

awww, love the manicorn. creepy-yes. but i miss my funny friends. love you guys!

Laura & Eliza said...

oh my kira! that manicorn is so funny yet a little disturbing at the same time. I was thinking something the other day...remember when we lived in florida and we didn't have kids? and now both of us have 3!!! crazy!