Tuesday, September 28, 2010

One of the True Joys in Life

Television. I love it.

Lance and I are always looking for a great tv show. We don't spend a lot of time in front of the tube (lack of cable and dvr make that an impossibility), but we are always willing to rearrange our schedules for a truly great show. Lets just say-- Thursday nights, we don't leave the house (Thank you, NBC!)

On our quest for a great show, we have tried out the following over the past few weeks:

The Defenders
The Event
Hawaii Five-0
Chase
Running Wilde
Outsourced
(like we had a choice-- they threw into the Thursday night mix)
These shows range from unoriginal (Chase) to mildly entertaining(Hawaii Five-O and Running Wilde) to may have some promise (The Event). But we just haven't discovered a great new show this year.

What we have fallen in love with is a great old show-- Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. This 10 year-old show airs originally on HBO so we haven't seen it until recently-- when it went into syndication. Hilarious. Lance and I are addicted. Last night, I took a Tylenol PM at 10, but forced myself to stay awake until 12-- so I could watch the show. My brother makes fun of us for being so late to "discover" Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Side note: We are watching an edited version of the show. I can not fully endorse the content-- so watch at your own risk!

One last comment on this topic: I would like to take a moment to recognize a truly great show that went unnoticed by the general population and was therefore cut down in its prime:Any good shows that you can recommend?

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I have always loved Curb Your Enthusiasm; but it can get a little bawdy. How did you find an edited version of it? Generally speaking, I am disappointed in TV and movies. I am missing CNN International. Though I do love anything on HGTV, especially Designed to Sell.

Heidi Lyn said...

I miss "Better Off Ted" too. I can't think of any recommendations that you'd actually take me up on. Although we agree in many ways, our paths diverge on some tv watching (i.e. The City, Gossip Girl, Glee). Maybe you'd like Mad Men????

Natalie said...

Yes, where did you get the edited version? We started watching it a few years ago and LOVED it. Until we realized that we couldn't listen to the f word over and over and had to stop watching it. I would love to watch it edited... Adam thinks that Running Wilde is really funny (I haven't seen it yet) and we're both big Gleeks. :)