Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer of the Skirt

I am not a fashionista-- I do not even have a desire to follow the latest fads and trends. I believe all clothes should be casual, comfortable and flattering. Capris, t-shirts, and flip-flops are my bread and butter.

But I have discovered the joy that comes from wearing a skirt on a hot day. It is amazing what a difference it makes. We have been in the 90's every day for the past month. Therefore, I have declared June- September 2010: The Summer of the Skirt.

I have already procured the following from Old Navy:

To sidestep the formality that comes from wearing a skirt, I have decided to pair them exclusively with graphic tees (which I wear shamelessly-- like a 13 year-old). Add a pair of large earrings, flip-flops, and a chunky bracelet and you have my new uniform.

You have been warned. Don't be surprised to see me out and about in a long skirt and a Sesame Street t-shirt (that says "Its All Good in the Hood").

4 comments:

Carie said...

1. Those skirts are adorable.
2. You look amazing.
3. Love the idea of pairing it with a casual tee.

I discovered not to long ago myself that skirts are more comfortable and quite cooler (literally not as hot) as shorts/capris. It was a revelation to me.

Heidi Lyn said...

I discovered this my jr. year at BYU . . . Didn't you ever wonder why I always wore skirts???????? I guess now you know. A cute skirt has always looked better than frumpy knee-length shorts.

Ellen said...

Love the skirts, Kira! I can't wait to come home to take you shopping for your birthday. Orlando outlets--here we come!

Laura & Eliza said...

kira! i love that idea! love it! i just had the legs to actually want to wear skirts all the time! oh yeah and u look amazing! whats ur secret?