Monday, June 21, 2010

Premonition

Spring 2000:Lance and I had been casually dating for just a few months when he asked me to Sunday dinner with his family (whom I had never met). At this dinner, there was a family visiting from St. George. Lance was playing with all the little kids, and I distinctly remember him holding a little three year-old girl and popping candy in her mouth (despite her mother's orders). I looked at him and got this really strong impression that Lance would be an amazing father. This was a very weird thought for me to have. I was only twenty and was definitely NOT in a marriage/ family state of mind.

Ten years later:
Turns out-- I was right. Lance is an amazing father.
(This is the only picture I managed to capture on Father's Day. Zoie is making Lance close his eyes while she leads him to the dinner table-- where we indulge in Sour Cream Enchiladas and spoil Lance with gifts.)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Father's Day Lance!! Moms are always so happy when their sons turn out to be amazing fathers. It helps too, that their wives and children are amazing! Love ya!

Ellen said...

Such a great Daddy. We couldn't hope for a better father for our grandchildren. Seriously!